CICOPS Scholarships 2020 at the University of Pavia for Visiting Scholars (Fully-funded)
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Applications for the CICOPS Scholarships are now being accepted for 2020. In order to promote international cooperation, particularly with Developing Countries, the University of Pavia and EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies) provide 10 scholarships to visiting scholars for the year 2020 for a period of stay of 4 to 12 weeks at the University of Pavia.
CICOPS Scholarships are foreseen for research collaboration in the short period in order to encourage the mobility of researchers from Developing Countries. Academics from Developing Countries who wish to carry out research in collaboration with a professor at the University of Pavia are welcome to apply.
- The scholarship includes travel (economy class), food and accommodation expenses, health insurance policy and a contribution of 150 Euro (gross) per week.
- Applicants must have at least two years of either teaching experience or activity within international organisations and institutions;
- Scholarships are designed for both junior and senior members of Universities in Developing Countries or members of major research centres and international organisations or institutions with specific interest in the field of development studies;
- CICOPS scholarships are reserved for research collaboration in the short term in order to encourage the mobility of researchers from developing countries;
- Applicants enrolled in a Doctoral or Postgraduate Course at an Italian University are not eligible to apply.
In the issuing of the ranking, the Committee will take into account:
- The scientific relevance of the proposed project, especially when integrated with similar projects developed by the University of Pavia;
- The Curriculum Vitae of the candidate;
- The fair distribution of grants between the department involved and the geographical regions of origin of the applicants.
The following documents should be uploaded to the online form:
- Curriculum vitae ideally in European format with a list of publications (file to be named: Surname_Name_CV)
- Invitation letter from the professor or researcher with whom you intend to collaborate (file to be named: Surname_Name_Letter)
The uploaded documents should be named as mentioned above. Applications without a correctly named curriculum vitae and invitation letter will not be taken into consideration. Please only fill in your application form once you have received the letter of acceptance by your contact Professor at the University of Pavia. Incomplete applications will be rejected, no exceptions will be made
For more information, visit CICOPS Scholarships.