Miss.Africa Digital Seed Funding Programme 2019 (Up to USD $5,000)
Deadline: July 2, 2019
Applications are invited for the Miss.Africa Digital Seed Funding Programme 2019. The Miss.Africa Initiative led by DCA Academy, is announcing a Seed Fund in Africa that will offer grants to support women and girls in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields to launch or expand their own initiatives that will increase their digital opportunities in IT related training, jobs and leadership roles.
The program is interested in learning about successful activities that are currently supporting women and girls in STEM, and through this effort, they identify how they might support scalability and their impacts.
- The Seed Grant for the amount Five Thousand US dollars (USD $5,000) will assist the winning initiative to start or expand their capacity;
- A second category of One Thousand United States Dollars (USD $1,000) will be granted as a prize for two other applicants from emerging African countries that create further socio-economic value for women by effectively leveraging tech opportunities.
- Open to current resident of an African country (including North and Sub-Saharan Africa);
- Application must be submitted in English;
- Applying as an individual (at least 18 years of age), or a representative of a non-governmental organization (NGO) or social enterprise based in Africa;
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience conducting activities supporting women and girls in computer science or STEM fields;
- Commitment to developing and contributing to a virtual community for supporting women and girls initiatives;
- Demonstrated leadership potential (references will be required for those applying for leadership funds);
- Proposed projects must have a tangible impact for women and girls in computer science and/or STEM- related fields.
Preference will be given to projects that target under-served populations and locations, take a collaborative approach, have a high potential for growth and present an innovative use of technology.
Projects eligible for grant funding include, but are not limited to:
- Computer science workshops and trainings for women and girls
- Early incubation of female tech entrepreneurs
- Programming and app development training programs
- Hackathons and coding boot camps for girls
To apply, fill the form with the instructions in the portal below or send your Expression of Interest (EOI) to the email: eoi(at)dotconnectafrica.org
For more information, visit Miss.Africa Digital Seed Funding Programme.