CEI Fellowship for Writers in Residence 2019 (Cash Award of EUR 5,000)
Deadline: April 30, 2019
Applications are invited for the CEI Fellowship for Writers in Residence 2019. The CEI Fellowship for Writers in Residence is an award aimed at encouraging cross-border cooperation and promotion in the field of literature for young writers from Central European countries not yet part of the European Union.
During the period of the fellowship, the selected author will work on the literary project he/she proposed in the application. The candidate is eligible for the fellowship from September 13, 2019 until September 13, 2020. Within 60 days after completion of the residency, the candidate must submit a written report. Since 2006, the CEI Executive Secretariat has presented the CEI Fellowship for Writers in Residence – in cooperation with the Slovene’s Writers Association – as part of the Vilenica International Festival.
- The fellowship is endowed with a cash award of EUR 5,000 for a three-month stay in any of the Central European Initiative Member States, selected by the candidate;
- The fellowship winner will be guest of the 34th Vilenica International Literary Festival which will take place from 10 to 15 September 2019 at various locations in Slovenia;
- The fellowship winner will be officially announced at the press conference at the end of August, and fellowship will be awarded to him or her at the festival.
- Open to writers from all genres under 35 (born after 1984 – from 1 January 1985 onwards) from CEI Member States, which are not part of the European Union (Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine).
The application must include the following obligatory enclosures:
- A filled in registration form
- A biography of the applicant in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces)
- Copy of a valid ID or passport with the visible date and place of birth, and the citizenship of the applicant
- A bibliography of the applicant in English (max. 3600 characters without spaces)
- A description in English of the project to be undertaken during the three-month residence (2000 – 4500 characters without spaces). The project must be a literary work (all genres and themes), not a research project
- Scan of original signed letter of recommendation in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces, letters without the original signature will not be considered)
Applications must be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
For more information, visit CEI Fellowship for Writers in Residence.