Apply for the ClimateLaunchpad: The Green Business Ideas Competition 2019
Deadline: Varies by Country
Do you have a green business idea and want to take it to the next level? Apply for the ClimateLaunchpad: The Green Business Ideas Competition 2019. Your idea can be an innovation in renewable energy, a sustainable transition in the food chain, a mind shift in urban mobility or any other way to tackle climate change.
ClimateLaunchpad is the world’s largest green business ideas competition. Innovation and invention can lead the way to a clean future. That’s why they create a stage for the people who have great cleantech ideas and help them develop those ideas into startups making global impact. ClimateLaunchpad is part of the Entrepreneurship offerings of Climate-KIC.
- Prizes in the National (and the Regional Finals in India and Africa) differ per country and region. The top-10 teams at the Global Grand Final win direct access to the EIT Climate-KIC Accelerator.
- All other Global Grand Finalists get a chance to pitch their idea in front of the review board of EIT Climate-KIC Accelerator to gain access to the programme.
- Last but not least: the overall winner of the Global Grand Final receives € 10,000, the runner up gets € 5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins € 2,500.
- Open to anyone with a promising cleantech idea who dreams of becoming an entrepreneur;
- You can be a new start-up, SME, researcher, student, public organisation, consultant, engineer, a combination of the above or something that doesn’t fit a job title. Don’t worry if you don’t have a business plan quite ready. They will help you strengthen your plan or teach you how to create one.
For the selection of ideas jury members take the following six criteria into account:
- Business or Market Potential
- Does the proposition address a real pain?
- Is there a clearly identified customer segment?
- Is there an opportunity to expand in other markets?
- Job Potential or Social Impact
- Does this business have the potential for strong growth and create jobs doing so?
- Does it address an important environmental or social issue?
- Innovation or Technology Potential
- Is there strong new technology?
- Is there a strong new business model?
- Or an idea with existing technology/business model
- Climate Impact
- Is there a significant climate impact?
- Is the climate impact significant in this business sector?
- Strength Management Team
- Is there entrepreneurial spirit in the team?
- How complete is the team for the task at hand?
- Does the team have prior start-up experience?
- Quality of Pitch
You can only enter ClimateLaunchpad in your own country. Apply by filling out the application form for which you’ll answer questions like what problem you are solving and what climate impact you expect to make.
For more information, visit ClimateLaunchpad.