UNFCCC-GIR-CASTT Programme on Greenhouse Gases 2019 (Fully-funded to Korea)
Deadline: May 10, 2019
Applications for the UNFCCC-GIR-CASTT Programme on Greenhouse Gases 2019 are now open. This is a professional training programme on the transparency of climate action and support, organized jointly by UN Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Greenhouse Gas Inventory & Research Center of Korea.
The programme seeks to provide professional training on greenhouse gas inventories to national experts from developing countries. The training is the first of its kind under the UNFCCC-CASTT initiative on climate action support and transparency training.
Overall, the comprehensive programme looks to facilitate effective and universal participation of countries in the measurement, reporting and verification arrangements under the UNFCCC and the transparency framework under the Paris Agreement. Its goal is to enhance the technical capacity of individuals and to improve the overall competency in reporting and in contributing to climate action. The training will begin on 22 July and run for four weeks in the Republic of Korea.
- Participants will be provided a return ticket from and to their home countries, as well as room and board for the duration of the training.
- Open to government officials, consultants and researchers in the fields of greenhouse gas emissions, emission reductions or more generally in the response to climate change.
- Applicant must submit letter of permission signed by his/her supervisor
- Applicant must submit latest academic degree certificate
- Applicant must submit a Curriculum Vitae
- Applicant may, if applicable, submit English proficiency test certificate
- Applicant must submit a scanned copy of his/her passport
For more information, visit UNFCCC-GIR-CASTT Programme on Greenhouse Gases.