United Nations World Food Programme Summer Internship 2019 for Young Egyptians
Deadline: April 27, 2019
Applications are open for the World Food Programme Summer Internship 2019. The WFP Summer Internship Programme is an 8-week full-time programme for highly qualified Egyptian students and fresh graduates to explore the opportunity of working with the United Nations in Egypt. The internship is located in WFP Regional Bureau Cairo based in New Maadi, Cairo.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Communications Unit with the following key duties:
- Assisting with video editing,
- Archiving, conceptualizing creative videos and documenting video guidance for country offices counterparts.
- You will learn about WFP and its culture through a real-life work experience, a field visit to one of the WFP sites in Egypt and exposure to various job roles. They will provide you relevant soft skills and on-the-job training and feedback to kick-start your professional career. Through this experience you will develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you someday.
- You will have clear job responsibilities and live the experience of being a WFP employee.
- You will work with professional teams and receive formal training and ongoing coaching.
- You will get the chance to enrich your skills and work with people from 30+ nationalities.
- Open to Egyptian university students with graduation year in 2019 or 2020;
- Recent graduate (max. 6 months after graduation);
- Full-time availability in the period July and August;
- Strong academic track record (good, very good or excellent ratings);
- Fluency in oral and written English;
- Extracurricular activities are a must;
- Previous internship experience is a plus.
- Studies in Communication, or Social Media
- Experience with video editing and work samples
- Experience using video editing software
For more information, visit WFP Summer Internship.