Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) HQ Internship Programme 2019
Deadline: August 31, 2019
Applications are open for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) HQ Internship Programme 2019. The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aiming to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains.
The programme provides selected students, enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate or post-graduate degree programme or recent graduates with the opportunity to supplement, their academic knowledge with a practical work assignments in a field related to the work of FAO. This will enable them to gain a better understanding of FAO’s mandate and programmes. At the same time, the Programme provides FAO with the assistance of qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.
- Applicants should be enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO data base) educational institution at the time of application or recent graduates;
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO;
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications;
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations;
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30;
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills;
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not be eligible for the Internship Programme;
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
For more information, visit FAO HQ Internships.