Europa Media Project Management Internship 2019 for Startup Projects
Deadline: May 3, 2019
Applications are open for the Europa Media Project Management Internship 2019. Europa Media, part of EMG Group Plc., is seeking a diligent, innovative, creative and open-minded intern for its Horizon 2020 project MY-GATEWAY as well as the newly-established Startup Europe Central and Eastern Europe Network and the Startup Europe Western Balkans Network.
The ideal candidate will be keen on learning more about the startup world and being involved in the preparation of new project proposals on startups, entrepreneurship, scaleups, open innovation and industrial clusters.
This internship is a full-time position located in Graphisoft Park in Budapest, Hungary. The duration of the internship is 6 months with the possibility to turn into a permanent position.
MY-GATEWAY is an initiative developed by experts in the European entrepreneurship ecosystem and aims to improve the startup ecosystems in the CEE region (Romania, Slovenia and the Czech Republic). The Startup Europe Central and Eastern Europe Network and the Startup Europe Western Balkans Network aim to create long-lasting connections between startup ecosystem builders active in the regions, foster entrepreneurial culture and guide the target ecosystems towards success.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the MY-GATEWAY team and will provide support on a daily basis in the implementation of the project. Day-to-day tasks will include conducting research, organizing events, bringing a delegation of startups to major tech events, working together with other startup support initiatives, and assisting in communication and dissemination. Additionally, the intern will actively support startup related activities and proposals within the company.
- Intern will assist in the development and promotion of MY-GATEWAY’s communication and publicity activities.
- Assist in the organisation of project meetings, events and training sessions.
- Support the project manager in the preparation of project reports and deliverables.
- Participate in project meetings and draft meeting minutes.
- Actively participate in the preparation of project proposals and future activities.
- Assist in the preparation of technical and financial reports.
Moreover, within the framework of the Networks, inters will be required to:
- Assist the further extension of the Networks (dissemination and communication activities, launching calls for new members, internal communication);
- Conduct research and contribute to policy recommendations.
- The internship offers students the opportunity to work in an exciting field and in the dynamic environment of EU projects as well as develop substantial professional and management skills that will serve the selected candidate throughout his/her career.
- Interns receive compensation for their work.
- Applicants should have a relevant university degree, preferably in Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Business Studies, International Development, International Relations, Political Sciences.
- Strong knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation. Previous experience in these fields is an asset.
- Experience in developing and/or implementing EU funded projects is an asset.
- Knowledge in the CEE and WB startup ecosystems is an asset.
- Excellent proficiency in oral and written English. Knowledge of any language from the CEE (Hungarian, Czech, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian) or the WB (Albanian, Serbian, Montenegrin, Bosnian, Macedonian) regions is highly encouraged.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Well organized, with the ability to multitask.
- Good interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Proactive and responsive with the ability to quickly understand tasks and situations.
To apply, send your CV and letter of motivation to [email protected], mentioning your last name and vacancy reference in the subject line.
For more information, visit Europa Media Project Management Internship.