USAID YouthLead Photo Contest 2019 for Changemakers in LMICs
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Entries are invited for the USAID YouthLead Photo Contest 2019. Showcase your work globally! This photo contest provides you, as a young changemaker, a global platform to show the impact of your changemaking activities. They will award ten prizes to the best photos that demonstrate how the applicants’ work creates a positive impact in their community.
They are looking for creative and high-quality photos that tell a powerful story of how you are achieving impact in your community, however you define that community—your neighborhood, your district, your school or university, your country….or the planet.
- 1st Place Winner: a one-time monetary prize of $300, 6 months of mentorship (consultation once a month, one hour each) from a YouthLead mentor, and photo featured on YouthLead.org.
- 2nd Place Winner: a one-time monetary prize $200, 6 months of mentorship (consultation once a month, one hour each) from a YouthLead mentor, and photo featured on YouthLead.org.
- 3rd Place Winner: a one-time monetary prize $100, 6 months of mentorship (consultation once a month, one hour each) from a YouthLead mentor, and photo featured on YouthLead.org.
- 4th-10th Place Winners: photo featured on YouthLead.org and a one-time private consultation (1 hour) on their project with a YouthLead mentor.
- If a winner does not respond within seven (7) days of notification, the Sponsor may, at its discretion, select one of the Runners Up as a Prize Winner.
- The monetary prize will be transferred through a legal bank transfer if feasible, which will be determined between the winner and the YouthLead team.
- The consultation Prize will be coordinated with the YouthLead team over e-mail. Winners may accept a partial prize.
- Photos of Runners Up will be displayed on the YouthLead Platform.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to award fewer, none, or additional prizes.
Open to all members of the public who are:
- Citizens of low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) as listed here;
- Aged 18-35 during the Entry Period; and
- Members of YouthLead with a member profile that is at least 80% complete. Becoming a member of YouthLead is easy and free. All Entrants must be successfully registered on YouthLead. As registration may take two business days (defined as Monday to Friday) to process, all YouthLead.org registration requests must be submitted at least 4 business days prior to the end of the Entry Period to ensure timely approval for entering the contest. Create your profile in English here and in Spanish here.
Other Submission Requirements
- All photos submitted must be the original work of the Entrant (that is, taken by the Entrant him/herself), and relate to an activity that the Entrant is directly involved as a changemaker.
- Entries will only be accepted through the YouthLead platform at www.youthlead.org. Entries submitted in any other manner will not be considered. Entries must be submitted using the YouthLead online entry form during the Entry Period.
- Photos must have been taken between April 1, 2016 and the Contest deadline.
- Photos must be high-resolution, high-quality digital photos that are at least 1024 pixels or larger (tall or wide) or around 300 pixels per inch. Please send the highest resolution photo possible in a JPG or JPEG format, and no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 10MB. If you are using Photoshop, please send only level 7 or higher compressed photos. Photos submitted in other formats, or outside this size range, will not be considered.
- Entry into the photo contest is free and does not require any purchase.
- Photos must not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content. Any photos deemed to be containing such content will not be considered, and anyone submitting such photos is subject to removal of their profiles and membership privileges from the YouthLead platform.
- Photos must not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Any photos deemed to be containing such content will not be considered, and anyone submitting such photos are subject to removal of their profiles and membership privileges from the YouthLead platform.
- Entrants are required to acknowledge and agree that no animals were harmed or manipulated in the making of any photo submitted.
For more information, visit USAID YouthLead Photo Contest.