Voices of SDG16+: Stories of Global Action 2019 Video Competition (Win a trip to the UN High-Level Political Forum in New York)
Deadline: May 15, 2019
Are you working to build peaceful and inclusive societies? Do you support local-level work to improve access to justice? Have you been working to promote women’s political participation? Enter the Voices of SDG16+: Stories of Global Action 2019 Competition. They want to hear your story! Submit a short video on how your work is contributing to peace, justice, and inclusivity.
Conciliation Resources has joined together with Peace Direct, Saferworld, CSPPS, GPPAC, IPI, Life & Peace Institute, Namati, Pax Christi International, and the TAP Network to launch a new campaign to showcase the best examples of work on SDG16+ around the world.
This campaign is asking people to submit a short video to explain how they are using SDG16+ or working on issues related to SDG16+. It might be small initiatives making a difference in a community, or a national awareness-raising campaign, or work at a global or regional level.
is a collaborative campaign to bring the work of civil society on SDG16+ to the 2019 HLPF. Individuals and partners from around the world will have the opportunity to submit short videos telling their “stories” of best practices and extraordinary efforts being undertaken towards SDG16+ at the national and local levels.
A selection of video submissions will be collated to feature during a full or half-day event at the 2019 HLPF. Some individuals will be sponsored to attend the HLPF in person and share their work with the UN community and policymakers. The campaign intends to provide a unique and dynamic opportunity for an interactive dialogue between civil society partners working to take forward SDG16+ in their own national contexts around the world, and to showcase their stories – featuring both challenges and successes – and their concrete commitments to advancing SDG16+.
Stories will showcase examples of how SDG16+ is being implemented and is helping to positively impact people’s lives. This collection of stories will build towards efforts to showcase best practices from civil society around SDG16+ leading up to the SDGs Summit in September 2019. Stories will be featured on a dedicated web platform and be promoted widely via social media, as well as at the event and elsewhere during the 2019 HLPF.
No matter how small our actions may seem to us, when we put them together, these stories can have great power. They want to hear how you are taking part in the global movement working to build peaceful, just and inclusive societies.
- The best videos will be showcased at the UN High-Level Political Forum in New York this July.
- Individuals who submit the top videos will be sponsored to go to New York for the event.
- provide relevant information in line with the format required for entries;
- read all supporting materials before submitting an entry; • submit their full entry before the deadline (Wednesday May 15th, 2019 by 6:00pm EST);
- be able to travel to New York for at least July 10th 2019 until July 13th 2019 should their project be shortlisted;
- give consent for the information they provide to be uploaded onto the Campaign Partners website, social media channels, and affiliated campaign websites;
- give consent for potential media coverage of their organisation’s project;
- Contestants must be at least 18 years old on the date of entry into the contest.
Notes for entrants:
- You may submit more than one entry;
- Successful entrants will be sponsored to come to New York to present at an event on the margins of the UN High-Level Political Forum.
- There is no need to hire a professional to make the video – you can shoot it on a smartphone – the more authentic the better!
- Submission deadline: Wednesday 15 May 2019 by 6:00pm EST. Videos received after the deadline are eligible to be showcased but will not be considered for subsidised participation in the event.
For more information, visit Voices of SDG16+.