Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Award 2019 ($1 million prize)
Deadline: June 2, 2019
Nominations are open for the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Award 2019. The Knowledge Award encourages those working in knowledge-related fields to innovate and create new ways to spread knowledge around the world. It reflects Dubai’s – and its Ruler’s – resolve to honour knowledge-related advancements anywhere in the world, all the while encouraging innovation and originality.
Areas of the Mohammed bin Rashid Knowledge Award (MBRKA) include knowledge, development, innovation, leadership, creativity, development of educational institutions and scientific research, telecommunication technology, printing, publishing, paper and electronic documentation, and such additional areas as may be specified and announced by the Board of Trustees from time to time.
- The award is a monetary prize of $1 million.
The following categories may be nominated for the MBRKA:
- Individuals whether from within or outside the UAE.
- Organizations including academic institutions, government entities, companies, corporations, societies, agencies, and organizations at the local, regional, and international levels.
Any organization or individual may, regardless of gender, nationality, race or religion or other personal factors, nominate a candidate, to win MBRKA, according to the following conditions:
- Nominees must have made outstanding contributions to knowledge
- Nomination can be for any one of the categories announced by MBRKA – the application should specify the field of nomination
- Nominations must be submitted within the specified period on MBRKA website
- Nominations must be submitted through the MBRKA website
- Nominations must adhere to the standards and ethics of scientific research, integrity and intellectual property
- A candidate can be nominated for more than one area of MBRKA but may not be nominated by the same nominator for more than one idea in any field
- A maximum of five nominations (of which no more than 1 shall be in any category of Knowledge) can be made by an organisation in any year
- Nominations must be submitted in Arabic or English only
- Candidates may not be nominated within five years of receiving a similar award
- Nominations that do not meet all the requirements will not be accepted
- The MBRKA will be delivered to the winner if he is a natural person (individual), or to his duly authorized representative if he is a legal person (organization)
- MBRKA may be granted to the same individual or entity granted the award in previous years, provided that their new contribution satisfies the award entitlement requirements
- The winner will be requested to give a speech after receiving the award of no longer than 10 minutes
- If the winner is unable to attend in person to receive the MBRKA for a reason acceptable to the Board of Trustees, the MBRKA will be delivered to the winner’s duly authorized representative
- If the winner fails to attend to receive the MBRKA without an acceptable reason, the Board of Trustees may, at their own discretion, take the appropriate action in this regard
- Members of the Board of Trustees, Advisory Committee or Jury may not accept a personal nomination and must step aside from discussions of nominated institutions of which they are members during the term of their service
- The Board of Trustees shall be entitled to withdraw the award from any party in the event of breach of the MBRKA conditions, or breach of scientific research standards, ethics, scientific integrity or intellectual property, or any other breach deemed substantial and significant by the Board of Trustees
For more information, visit Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Award.