Deadline: May 29, 2019
Do you want to speak at TED2020? Enter the worldwide Idea Search. TED is hosting an ideas search event unlike any other. Their mission: to ensure they’re hearing big, bold ideas from every corner of the globe, with the goal of inviting a select group to join them and speak at the flagship TED conference in 2020.
The theme of TED2020 is UNCHARTED. The future is more uncertain than it’s ever been; they’re looking for people who will give clue as to where we’re heading — and how we’ll get there.
- Are you working on a novel invention, design or vision?
- Do you have a thoughtful approach to a universally shared frustration?
- Are you an explorer who’s discovered something strange and amazing?
If any of these questions resonate with you, or if you have any meaningful idea that you want to share, you are eligible to apply! Public speaking experience is not required and there are no age restrictions. If you have an amazing idea, they want to hear it!
This ideas search will be completely virtual, taking advantage of the TED World Theater, our unique and amazing way to use video streaming to bring people from around the world to one place.
- Round 1: Submit your idea and video. Round 1 submissions are due by May 29, 2019.
- Round 2: If selected for Round 2, you’ll be invited to a virtual event where you’ll talk more about your idea and participate in a Q&A with TED’s curators.
- Round 3: If selected for Round 3, you’ll deliver a short talk based on the idea you pitched in Round 2 at another virtual event. A smaller subset of Round 3 participants will join for the 5-day conference and speak on the TED2020 stage in Vancouver (all expenses paid).
How to Apply
- Prepare a one-minute summary of your idea.
- Then, film yourself delivering that one-minute summary. The video doesn’t need to be anything fancy — it can be filmed from a computer camera or a smartphone.
- Upload the film to Vimeo or YouTube using the instructions in the form.
- Complete and submit the Round 1 form.
For more information, visit TED2020 Worldwide Idea Search.