UNESCO #MyAfricanHeritage Instagram Video Contest 2019 (Win Fully-funded trips + Internship)
Deadline: May 20, 2019
Entries are invited for the UNESCO #MyAfricanHeritage Instagram Video Contest 2019. Post your video about an African World Heritage site using the hashtag #MyAfricanHeritage and stand the chance to win one of the amazing prizes.
The Entries are intended to present and promote African World Heritage and the importance of the World Heritage Convention in Africa. They can relate to cultural, natural or mixed World Heritage sites (i.e., sites that are inscribed on the World Heritage list).
- 1st Prize: 6 month internship with the African World Heritage Fund in Midrand, South Africa. The prize includes
- Return air tickets to Johannesburg, South Africa
- 2nd Prize: Trip to South Africa to visit the World Heritage site of Robben Island. The prize includes
- Two return air tickets to South Africa
- Ground and ferry transportation to Robben Island
- Full board accommodation on the island for 3 days for 2 people
- Entrance to the World Heritage site and a guided tour
- An individual between 18 and 32 years old from any country can take part in this contest;
- Members of current UNESCO staff (either permanent or temporary), parents, siblings, children and spouses of UNESCO staff are not eligible to participate;
- There are no limits on the number of Entries that each Entrant can submit. The video can be prepared using a mobile phone, camera or any other device. Any expenses incurred during submission are to be borne by the Entrant;
- To be eligible, Instagram Entries MUST be set as ‘Public’ so that they are visible to UNESCO.
- Creativity: Is the video original and aesthetically pleasing? They are looking for creative stories!
- Content: What is your connection to the site? The World Heritage site should be clearly identified in the video
- Composition: Does it capture the exceptional character of the site?
Entry is determined by the posting of the video with accompanying description on Instagram and tagging it with the #MyAfricanHeritage hashtag.
For more information, visit UNESCO #MyAfricanHeritage Instagram Video Contest.