Deadline: September 18, 2019
Applications are invited for the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2019/2020. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research-based growth.
Seventy (70) fellowships are awarded annually. A total of up to 140 awards are active at any time. Fellowships are distributed equally among the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- Attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- Develop their leadership potential
- Position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
- The fellowship is are valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year. There are no additional funds provided for travel/research.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
- Applicants to the 2019-20 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree:
- between September 15, 2016 and September 30, 2020 (inclusively), and
- before the start date of their award.
For more information, visit Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme.