SEI Africa Research Internship Program 2019 for Postgraduate Students (Stipend of 50,000KSh)
Applications are open for the SEI Africa Research Internship Program 2019. The SEI Africa internship program provides a unique learning opportunity for postgraduate (MSc and PhD) students and recently graduated students from diverse academic backgrounds.
The internship program is part of capacity building activities and is designed for talented and motivated individuals who would like to gain knowledge and learn skills in the field of environment and development, and in particular, SEI’s thematic focus areas. It allows selected candidates to gain insight into the work of SEI and provides training and experience in various professional fields.
- For applicants from the sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region, they offer a stipend of Kenyan Shillings 50,000 per month (approx. US$ 500) for the duration of the internship;
- Internship applications from outside SSA are also welcomed, however, if accepted, the intern will be responsible for obtaining their own funding and insurance for the full duration of the internship period at SEI.
Please note that SEI does not provide housing, and can unfortunately not assist in finding accommodation. They will, however, assist you to obtain a Kenyan visa that will allow you to do your internship for that duration.
- You hold a master’s degree in a field related to SEI’s work or are currently studying a related master’s course;
- You have an interest in one of SEI Africa’s work areas, i.e. Energy and climate change; Natural resources and ecosystems; Health and environment; and Sustainable urbanisation or communication;
- Minimum internship period is 6 months;
- Fluency in spoken and written English. An additional language especially French and Portuguese is a plus; and
- Priority is given to candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Send the following documents to info-Africa@sei.org
- A letter of application, highlighting relevant background, qualifications, desired internship period, research interest area (i.e. Energy and climate change; Natural resources and ecosystems; Health and environment; Sustainable urbanization; or communications) and expected achievement at the end of the internship (maximum 2 pages).
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages).
- Recent writing samples if any (not mandatory but would be appreciated).
- Before the beginning of each internship period, shortlisted applicants are invited for a short presentation and interview.
- Selected candidates are informed by email.
For more information, visit SEI Africa Research Internship.