Shelter Tech Nairobi Innovation Week Startup Competition 2019 (Win funded trip to pitch at Oslo Innovation Week)
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Applications are open for the Shelter Tech Nairobi Innovation Week Startup Competition 2019. Shelter Tech Kenya, a first of its kind in Africa, is a six-month milestone-based accelerator program supporting early stage businesses and scale-ups in the affordable housing sector covering: renewable energy, waste management, housing & construction technologies and products and water & sanitation.
The program, which is supported by Habitat for Humanity International’s Terwilliger Centre for Innovation in Shelter and implemented by BDO EA and Pangea Accelerator is organizing a startup competition in partnership with iBiz Africa which aims to support disruptive innovation and provide a platform for growth in the urban tech space as part of the Nairobi Innovation Week.
- There is six (6) Grand Prize Winner consisting of all paid opportunity to travel and pitch at Oslo Innovation Week
- Open to Startups focusing on renewable energy, waste management, housing, construction technologies & products, water & sanitation, mobility and other sectors relevant for urban living.
All Competition applicants must fill out the online form describing their startup along with a (2) two-minute video. Entry must adhere to the entry requirements as defined below. Participation is free of charge. Video submissions should cover the following points:
- Your startup’s value proposition
- What problem your product/service is solving
- Why your startup is a good fit for an opportunity to pitch at the Oslo Innovation Week
Participant must solve an issue focusing on renewable energy, waste management, housing, construction technologies & products, water & sanitation, mobility and other sectors relevant for urban living. Video must not exceed two (2) minutes in length.
For more information, visit Shelter Tech Nairobi Innovation Week Startup Competition.