Co-Creation Hub African Diaspora Challenge to Build Scalable Business Solutions 2019
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Applications are open for the Co-Creation Hub African Diaspora Challenge to mobilise the Diaspora community to build scalable business solutions to social challenges in Africa. CcHub is a social innovation center dedicated to accelerating the application of social capital and technology for economic prosperity
The challenge is seeking business ideas that make an impact in these 3 critical sectors:
- How might they harness the potential of technology to bridge the education gap and unlock the potential of the young people of Africa?
- How might they connect the unserved & underserved population in Africa to affordable financial services using readily available technology?
- How might they use technology to effectively distribute clean and affordable energy to homes & industries across Africa?
- Open to Africans in Diaspora
To be eligible, a business idea must answer the following questions:
- Does your idea solve a clear problem/issue that affects a large number of people in Africa?
- Does the idea improve on an existing process/solution or is it completely new i.e. hasn’t been done locally?
- Does your solution leverage digital technology (web or mobile) for its execution?
- Have you taken time to research the problem/issue and have a clear picture of the target segment it affects?
- Do you have (or have access to) the skills to implement your proposed solution?
- Are you prepared to spend the next nine (9) months building the solution and going out to understand your potential uses?
For more information, visit Diaspora Challenge.