Western Union Moving Money for Better Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2019 (Fully-funded to London, UK)
Deadline: June 12, 2019
Applications are invited for the Western Union Moving Money for Better Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2019. The Moving Money For Better Scholarship will allow two leaders passionate about financial inclusion the opportunity to join the Western Union delegation at the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom. During the Summit they will connect with fellow change makers from more than 190 countries!
Western Union is a global leader in cross-border, cross-currency money movement. Their omnichannel platform connects the digital and physical worlds and makes it possible for consumers and businesses to send and receive money and make payments with speed, ease, and reliability. With their global reach, Western Union moves money for better, connecting family, friends and businesses to enable financial inclusion and support economic growth.
Are you passionate about financial inclusion? Are you a problem-solver who believes in finding innovative solutions? The Moving Money For Better Scholarship is an opportunity for creative leaders who believe in Western Union’s purpose of moving money for better.
Scholars will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis (inclusive) between 22 and 25 October, 2019
- The cost of travel to and from London (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
Applicants should be between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
Successful scholars will demonstrate:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change through the financial the financial inclusion of those who may be left behind by the rapidly hanging global economy
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
For more information, visit Western Union Moving Money for Better Scholarship.