Carole Stone Foundation Scholarship to attend the One Young Summit 2019 in London (Fully-funded)
Deadline: June 18, 2019
Applications are open for the Carole Stone Foundation Scholarship to attend the One Young Summit 2019 in London. Carole Stone CBE, a longstanding One Young World Counsellor, will again sponsor a young leader to participate in the One Young World Summit – this year in London – through The Carole Stone Foundation.
Carole believes that connecting people, exchanging ideas and building friendships around the world is essential to help make a fairer society. This year’s iteration of the Carole Stone Foundation Scholarship seeks to support a young leader who is making an impact for SDG15: Life on Land.
Human life depends on the earth as much as the ocean for our sustenance and livelihoods. Plant life provides 80 percent of the human diet, and we rely on agriculture as an important economic resource. Forests cover 30 percent of the Earth’s surface, provide vital habitats for millions of species, and important sources for clean air and water, as well as being crucial for combating climate change.
If you are taking action to reduce the loss of natural habitats and biodiversity this the Scholarship is for you.
Scholars will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 25 (inclusive) October, 2019
- The cost of travel to and from London (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Evidenced impact towards the targets of SDG15.
- Aged 18-30
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
For more information, visit Carole Stone Foundation Scholarship.