Deadline: July 31, 2019
Applications are open for the William Sutton Prize 2019 for Placemaking and Affordable Housing Design. This prize will be awarded to an individual or organisation that has developed a ground breaking design concept that will improve the quality of life and support the wellbeing of residents and communities.
The idea can be presented at any point in its development, from early stage conceptual design for a new building, through to an existing development with scope for improvement or growth.
- A prize of up to £20,000 is available to the winner. Every submission should include a short description of how the £20,000 could be used to further develop or enhance your concept.
- Applicants must be either an organisation registered to work in England or an individual aged over the age of 18 who is resident in the UK
- Prize funds cannot be issued to a personal bank account, individual applicants will be required to nominate a partner organisation to host the Prize payment or register as a constituted organisation and set-up a business account
- Applications must demonstrate a new or novel design or placemaking concept that will improve the quality of life/support the wellbeing of residents and communities in England
- Applications can present a brand new design concept or a design for the improvement or growth of an existing development or space
- Applications must include the estimated costs to demonstrate how the Prize money of £20,000 will facilitate the further development or enhancement of the design
- Applications must include plans for community/resident engagement as part of the delivery of the proposed concept
- Applications must demonstrate the quality, potential and sustainability of the design concept as opposed to the presentation of a business plan for next steps
- Applications must include consideration of the long term maintenance and management plans that would be required for their concept
- Applicants may only submit one application per prize round/year
- Applicants may only submit a single application under one of the prize categories. They cannot accept applications under both categories from the same entrant
- Clarion Housing Group employees are not eligible to apply.
All applications will be scored using the following assessment framework. It is important to keep this in mind when completing your application.
- Design Concept
- Positive Social Impact
- Practicality and presentation
For more information, visit William Sutton Prize.