International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) Global Fellowship Program 2020 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: July 12, 2019
Applications are open for ISPA Global Fellowship Program 2020. International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA)’s Fellowship Program was created to provide emerging and mid-career performing arts professionals with the opportunity to expand their international networks through membership and attendance at an ISPA Congress. The Fellows represent all disciplines, genres, and types of arts organizations.
The Global Fellowship Program provides one-year access to ISPA’s extensive international network of arts professionals to emerging and mid-career leaders from the global performing arts community, with particular attention paid to applicants from developing economies. Participants join the ISPA membership and attend the New York ISPA Congress where they engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from some of the world’s most significant presenting organizations, performing arts organizations, artist management agencies, cultural policy groups, foundations, festivals and related professionals.
The Fellowship consists of four components:
- Membership in ISPA: Fellows gain access to all member benefits including exclusive content on the ISPA website, newsletter, and social media
- ISPA Congress: Fellows attend the New York ISPA Congress where they get the opportunity to engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from the world’s most significant arts organizations
- Fellows Seminar Day: Fellows attend a one-day seminar prior to the New York Congress where they meet the Fellowship cohort and learn through a series of peer to peer conversations and workshops.
- Ongoing Networking: Fellows are paired with a current ISPA member at the New York Congress as part of ISPA’s Community Building Program. Current members welcome Fellows to the Congress and help facilitate their participation.
- One-year ISPA membership with access to all member benefits
- Full Pass registration to the New York 2020 ISPA Congress (January 14 – 16, 2020), including a oneday Fellows Seminar prior to the Congress (January 13, 2020)
- Travel subsidy which may include per diem, flights, and accommodation to support expenses related to attending the congress.
- Introduction to a current ISPA member who will welcome the Fellow to the Congress and help facilitate their participation as part of ISPA’s Community Building Program
The Global Fellowship Program seeks to engage leaders working in the management of all professional performing arts. ISPA accepts applicants from all regions of the world, with particular attention paid to applicants from developing economies.
- Be currently employed/working in the professional performing arts;
- Have a minimum of five years professional experience in the performing arts field;
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance;
- Ability to attend and fully participate in the New York 2020 ISPA Congress, January 14 – 16, 2020, including the one-day Fellows Seminar on January 13, 2020; and
- Have received no more than two ISPA Fellowships in the past.
Participants must have a strong working knowledge of English to successfully participate in the Global Fellowship Program.
Please note: For the purpose of ISPA’s Global Fellowship, the professional performing arts includes individuals working principally in the arts and culture sector either with organizations/institutions or as independent producers/managers. Generally those working within academia, education, community organizations, and independent artists are not eligible.
Those interested in applying for ISPA’s Global Fellowship Program must submit an application form online.
For more information, visit ISPA Global Fellowship.