TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2019/2020 (Stipend available)
Deadline: July 15, 2019
Applications for the TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2019/2020 are open. The Fellowships are for young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) who wish to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences at the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) in Penang, Malaysia.
TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments, institutions and laboratories of the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) for a minimum period of twelve (12) months to a maximum period of two (2) years.
Fields of Study
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
- Applicants should be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia);
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country;
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- Apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Malaysia) and hold a research assignment there;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
For more information, visit TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowship.