Village Capital Agriculture Africa Program 2019
Deadline: June 28, 2019
Applications are open for the Village Capital Agriculture Africa Program 2019. The program will select a cohort of 12 ventures, who will participate in three 3-day workshops that will take place between October 2019 and December 2020. The workshop curriculum encourages deep collaboration within the cohort and helps entrepreneurs explore and leverage business synergies among themselves.
Early-stage startups need validation from customers as well as relationships with key partners in order to tailor solutions as they scale. Village Capital will streamline this process, helping startups connect and interact with:
- Leading investors, entrepreneurs, and other sector experts who will offer mentorship during workshops;
- Potential customers, partners, and other industry stakeholders, who will participate in business development sessions at the workshops.
The program will culminate in curated investor meetings with investors from Village Capital’s network for all companies in the cohort.
- Selected startups are required to have at least one C-level team member attend all three workshops, and Village Capital will bear flight and lodging costs for a team member to attend.
- Open to agricultural businesses in Sub-saharan Africa;
- They should have at least one full-time team member based in the country of operation;
- A minimum viable product;
- Meaningful customer or business validation (not limited to revenue, can also be successful pilot studies, number of users, and/or strategic partnerships).
For more information, email adedana.ashebirATvilcap.com or visit Village Capital Agriculture Africa Program.