Students for Liberty South Asia Local Coordinators Program 2019 (Fully Funded)
Deadline: July 15, 2019
Applications are open for the Students for Liberty South Asia Local Coordinators Program 2019. The Local Coordinator Program is a platform for young liberal individuals to meet other like-minded people, learn more about the philosophy of liberty and assume leadership positions in the global students’ movement for liberty!
Students For Liberty is the world’s largest network of pro-liberty students. Their focus in South Asia is to help students become informed and critical thinkers about ideas pertaining to the political economy of their nation. An uninformed and passive exercise of thought leads to bad judgment, and bad judgment leads to support for bad policies.
Students For Liberty believes that in the marketplace of ideas, the good ones root out the bad ones. But the ideas of freedom – individual rights, toleration, rule of law – that have been the foundation of successful nations are poorly represented in mainstream dialogue. That is why a lot of young people do not associate with the views of any major political party. They want to affect positive change, not by protest or demonstrations, but by creating a movement that is focused on disseminating the right ideas through passionate student leaders who agree with our vision and strategy for social change.
- As an SFL Local Coordinator, you will have an enriching academic experience during your term. Students For Liberty will run an online summer training on SFLAcademy.org to give you a basic understanding of libertarian ideas on a few broad topics.
- The most engaged students will be invited to attend a fully-sponsored retreat to spend a weekend with other Local Coordinators! Retreats are a great time to make new friends but students take away a better understanding of ideas they learned in the summer. They host a couple of great speakers, organise Socratic seminars and discuss more advanced topics in political economy.
- The rest of the semester will be organised around learning more ideas and becoming better at articulating your views on issues that you care about! Environment? Women’s Issues? Privacy? Personal Liberty? Corruption? Education? You choose. They want to help you become the most articulate defender of those issues that you care about!
- Training in ideas of Liberty – free speech, right to privacy, etc.
- All-expense paid trips for retreat as well as conferences like Asia Liberty Forum
- Opportunity to be associated with an international movement, consisting of a network of over 3000 students across the world.
- Applicants from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Liberty, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, South Asia, Sri Lanka are invited to apply
- Applicants must have the following skills:
- Research Skills
- MS Office
- Communication and Language Skills
- Interest in Academics
- Curiosity and open-mindedness to learn about new ideas
- Fill the application form for the LC Program. Your application will be reviewed and you may be contacted by an SFL leader for an interview. We will write back to inform whether or not you’re progressing to take the Academic Training.
- You will be invited for SFL’s Academic Training on SFLAcademy.org which you must finish in 6 weeks. We will invite the best performing candidates from those who finish the Academic Training to join us in the final stage of the LC Program.
- The best applicants will make it to the final phase where they will be invited to attend an all-expenses-paid Local Coordinator Retreat. Attendance at the retreat is important for continuation in the Program.
They look forward to your application for the South Asia Local Coordinator Program. Do apply if you’re interested in learning new ideas, meeting a fantastic bunch of new people and joining the largest student network of pro-liberty students in the world!
For more information, visit Students for Liberty.