7th ASEF Public Diplomacy Training 2019 in Siem Reap, Cambodia (Fully-funded)
Deadline: July 12, 2019
Apply now to attend the 7th ASEF Public Diplomacy Training in Siem Reap, Cambodia. The ASEF Public Diplomacy Training provides diplomats, government officials and civil society representatives a unique opportunity to build or further enhance their public diplomacy skills and exchange best practices.
As a contribution to public diplomacy efforts of the 53 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partners, the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) established the ASEF Public Diplomacy Training in 2013, in partnership with the DiploFoundation (Diplo) of Switzerland. Since then, 6 tutored online courses and 6 face-to-face workshops have been conducted and more than 220 participants have benefited from the training.
Through the Face-to-face Training and the Online Course, participantswill gain insights into the current perceptions of diplomacy efforts in Asia and Europe and how to incorporate public diplomacy skills into their daily work. The specific objectives are to:
- Enable participants to deepen their knowledge of public perceptions of Asia and Europe, bi-regional dynamics, and how these impact the intent and design of their mission
- Provide practical skills to formulate, develop and deliver effective public diplomacy campaigns and programs to promote the ASEM Process through real-life examples and case studies
- Increase networking opportunities for ASEM diplomats, government officials and civil society actors to exchange best practices and promote deeper understanding of Asia-Europe relations
- 1. 7th Online Course 29 July – 20 September 2019
- 2. 7th Face-to-face Training, Siem Reap, Cambodia 21-25 October 2019
- Successful applicants will have the privilege to take part in both the Online Training and the Face-to-face Training.
- Only participants that have successfully completed the Online Training will be eligible to take part in the Face-to-face Training on 21-25 October 2019 in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
The organisers will cover:
- Airfare on point-to-point economy class and/or train ticket to travel to/from Siem Reap, Cambodia, through reimbursement
- 5 nights of accommodation in the training venue with check-in (details to follow)
- Meals and refreshments during the training programme
- Young diplomats in departments dealing with Asia, Europe, or ASEM in the Ministries of Foreign Affairs or equivalent of the ASEM Partners
- Diplomats posted by ASEM Partners to ASEM countries who are dealing with public diplomacy
- Representatives from government agencies (culture, tourism, trade and investment, etc.)
- Civil society members whose work is influencing public diplomacy
- MA degree, or equivalent, or BA degree with at least 3 years of diplomatic working experience
- Currently working in the Asia-Europe context
- High proficiency in English
- Interest in public diplomacy, public affairs or communications
- Submissions of nominations by ASEM Ministries of Foreign Affairs should be sent to ASEF (see “CONTACT” below) via e-mail, stating the name, position and email address of the candidate.
- Ms Trishia OCTAVIANO, Project Executive, Governance & Economy Department, Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) (E: [email protected] | T: +65 6874 9755)
- Candidates are required to submit a CV and a well-structured motivation statement of no more than 250 words. Selected participants will later be asked to fill up an online registration form.
- Notification of selected participants: Friday, 19 July 2019
For more information, visit ASEF Training.