Hot Job: Open Society Foundations Program Administrative Assistant in the MENA Regional Office
Deadline: June 29, 2019
Applications are open for the Program Administrative Assistant position in the Open Society Foundations MENA Regional Office. The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and tolerant democracies whose governments are accountable to their citizens. To achieve this mission, the Foundations seek to shape public policies that assure greater fairness in political, legal, and economic systems and safeguard fundamental rights.
On a local level, the Open Society Foundations implement a range of initiatives to advance justice, education, public health, and independent media. At the same time, we build alliances across borders and continents on issues such as corruption and freedom of information. The Foundations place a high priority on protecting and improving the lives of people in marginalized communities.
Through its Middle East and North Africa Program based in Amman, Jordan, the Open Society Foundations supports a diverse group of local civil society organizations, research centers, universities, and media organizations across the Middle East. As a branch of the Middle East and North Africa Program, the Tunis Office provides overall support to Middle East and North Africa Program operations on the ground in Tunisia, including outreach, project development, and assessment duties. The Program Administrative Assistant will technically report to the Finance Manager, in Amman, and would be responsible for providing administrative and programmatic support for day-to-day office operations, and administratively to the Team Manger/Office Representative in Tunis.
- Under direct supervision of the Finance Manager, maintains general ledger and Tunisia office financial monitoring and reporting, handles financial record-keeping and expense reports, reviews monthly bank reconciliations, oversees office cash flow and petty cash to ensure office accounting records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner;
- Processes all financial reimbursements, invoices and fund requests, and prepares monthly financial reports
- Liaises with auditors to ensure annual reporting; provides documentation and drafts responses to audit requests in coordination with Finance Manager
- Ensure that staff payroll and all related social security and income tax reporting are completed by external accountants
- Administers procurement and logistical operations including quotations, purchasing orders, etc.;
- Acts as a custodian of consumable supplies in his/her assigned unit, including (as available) seals, stamps and archives;
- Handles surplus, obsolete or unserviceable equipment via coordinating with the direct supervisor and/or keeps detailed updated records of the assets status and produces the appropriate equipment/inventory status reports accordingly
- Coordinates maintenance of assets including office maintenance and repair, printers, and other office equipment’s;
- Maintains filing /archiving system for service contracts, working files and database and ensures records are up to date;
- Handles logistics for events and meetings, develops related budgets, and manages costs. Liaises with vendors and consultants and assists with compliance and procurement processes.
- Handles routine correspondence, memorandum and minute-taking;
- Assists with scheduling appointments, calls and communication to grantees and partner organisations;
- Coordinates with the relevant OSF administrative units;
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Competitive rates of pay apply.
- Applicant should have at least two years of experience in administrative support, or other related functions;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Ability to independently plan and prioritize own work, work well under tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent activities;
- Computer skills, especially in MS application, such as Work, Excel, Internet Explorer and Outlook;
- Ability to take initiative and work in a logical and accurate manner;
- Good communication skills; effective team member;
- Experience with record keeping, and finance administration
- Shows discretion and ability to handle confidential issues;
- Attentiveness to detail and ability to work well under pressure
For more information, visit OSF Job.