Sahapedia-UNESCO Fellowship Programme 2019 (Funding available)
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Are you an enthusiast, student or scholar? Are you ready to explore and research India’s rich cultural heritage? Apply for the Sahapedia-UNESCO Fellowship 2019.
The Sahapedia–UNESCO Fellowship is part of efforts to raise awareness – at local, national and international levels – of the importance of intangible heritage, and increase access to communities, groups and individuals. The Sahapedia–UNESCO Fellowship 2019 is supported by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
Through this initiative, Fellows will be encouraged to conduct documentation and critical research in diverse areas of cultural knowledge, while interacting with and enhancing networks that contribute to their creation. This research and documentation carried out by the Fellows will be published on the Sahapedia’s web portal.
- Selected candidates will be granted an award of £44,445. Applicable Income Tax will be deducted at source as per the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Thus, the award will amount to £40,000 which will be released in three installments, based on the completion of specific deliverables.
- Selected candidates working in regional languages will receive an additional sum of up to £10,000 for translation.
- Fellowship is available to post-graduates and above qualified in the disciplines of the Humanities and Social Sciences in the broadest sense, or those with equivalent experience
- Candidates with prior professional or academic familiarity with the subject under application may be given preference
- The Fellowship is available to only those candidates holding an Indian bank account
- Candidates who were awarded the Sahapedia-UNESCO Fellowship previously are not eligible to apply
- Fellowship is available in the following languages this year – English, Hindi, Bangla, Tamil, and Malayalam
Each Fellowship consists of three elective deliverables. The candidate may identify, during the time of application, three types of deliverables. The options for the three deliverables are as follows. Refer to Annexure I and IV.
- Options for Deliverable I: Choose any one (1)
- Illustrated overview/Introductory article (3000 words with 5–10 images), or
- Short documentary film (15–20 minutes with English subtitles, along with a synopsis of approx. 500 words)
- Options for Deliverable II and III: Choose any two (2)
- Allied article (1500 words with 3–5 images)
- Image gallery (30–50 images with captions), or Photo Essay (20 images with 500-800 words to complement the visual narrative)
- Text interview with an expert/scholar/practitioner (1500 words, with minimum 10 Q&As)
In addition, selected candidates working in regional languages will be required to provide content translated in English.
The following materials are to be submitted as a part of the application:
- A proposal of approximately 1000 words, along with an abstract of about 250 words. The proposal should indicate scope of work, including selection of deliverables, methodology, timeframe and familiarity with existing literature/work on the subject. The proposal should be relevant to the field of work conducted by Sahapedia
- A writing sample (previously written essay) of at least 1500 words (for Research), or URL link of a 5–10 minute long video clip indicating the candidates’ skills in filmmaking/videography (for documentation), or both, depending on the selection of deliverables
- Bibliography/list of existing literature or work on the topic with no more than 15 items/titles
For more information, visit Sahapedia-UNESCO Fellowship.