Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) for PhD Studies in Singapore 2020
Deadline: December 1, 2019
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is now open for applications. Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region and with the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), you can pursue your PhD education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
SINGA is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
* Subject to terms and conditions
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Pursue your PhD education in Singapore with SINGA and take your research to greater heights. For frequently asked questions, please click here.
To apply, please click here for more information.
For more information, visit Singapore International Graduate Award.