National University of Singapore (NUS) Fellows Programme 2019/2020 (Stipend available)
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Applications are open for the National University of Singapore (NUS) Fellows Programme 2019/2020. The NUS Fellows Programme (Southeast Asia) aims to attract bright young faculty members (or would-be faculty members) and researchers from ASEAN universities and research institutes to NUS for a 6 to 12-month fellowship. Up to 25 Fellowships will be offered each year.
- NUS will provide shared accommodation.
- NUS will provide a monthly stipend of up to S$ 2,000.
- Access to professional development opportunities (events, seminars and training programmes) within NUS.
- Applicants must either be citizens of an ASEAN country or must be residing in an ASEAN country at the time of application
- Applicants must have a PhD Degree from a reputed institute. However, exceptional candidates with a master’s degree may be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Applicants should possess NO more than 10 years of post-PhD research experience. Postdoctoral experience can be included under research experience
- Applicant must be fluent in written and oral English
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
- Applicant’s training, aptitude and experience: Academic qualifications, performance, relevant experience, aptitude to benefit from the fellowship program and ability to add value after his / her return home.
- Relevance and Quality of the Research Proposal: The proposal must be well-designed, innovative and the stipulated outputs must be achievable during the fellowship tenure.
- Personal Qualities: Applicant must have the qualities to serve as a goodwill ambassador for NUS personified by virtues of innovation, resilience, excellence, respect and integrity.
Documents Required for Application include:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae including list of selected publications (no longer than 2 pages).
- Cover Letter highlighting your suitability for the fellowship based on review criteria (no longer than 1 page)
- Research Proposal (no longer than 2 pages) developed in consultation with the host professor(s) / PI(s) at NUS.
- Copy of host professor/PI’s in-principle approval over his/her official email id.
- Two recommendation letters from current and past supervisors stating your suitability for this fellowship.
- Letter of Support from the home institute/University (Director, HoD, Vice Dean, Dean) endorsing your candidature.
- Copy of diplomas and transcripts.
After obtaining in-principle approval from your host professor/PI, complete the Application Form and email it to [email protected] with the subject “NUS SEA Fellow Application – your name”. Please remember to attach all supporting documents.
For more information, visit NUS Fellows.