Deadline: August 31, 2019
Applications are invited for the ICIMOD Mountain Prize 2019. The Prize is awarded every year to an individual, organization, or private sector entity based in the Hindu Kush Himalaya (HKH) or beyond that has demonstrated outstanding efforts enabling sustainable and resilient mountain development in the HKH region to benefit the environment as well as communities – particularly the poor, the youth, and women.
While they would like to particularly acknowledge the efforts of individuals or entities that have worked in line with ICIMOD’s mandate, this is not a pre-condition for the award. Particularly, nominations for individuals or organizations with achievements in any of the following fields are encouraged:
- Access to water for drinking and other productive purposes or/and sanitation
- Sustainable production systems for food/nutrition security and income
- Climate change adaptation or/and disaster risk reduction
- Access to cleaner energy
- Information and communication technologies for development (ICT4D)
- Promotion of economic/income generating opportunity or/and investment
- Policy advocacy
- Mountain ecosystems/biodiversity management
- The prize is currently USD $5,000.
- Open to individuals, organizations, or companies that have brought about transformative change in the HKH
A panel for the ICIMOD Mountain Prize will judge the submitted nominations and may invite appraisals by external experts to decide on the winner. They may contact the nominator, nominee, and referee(s) for more information.
The panel will pick the winner and honourable mentions based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrable impact
- Degree of importance given to gender equity and social inclusion (GESI)
- Scalability/sustainability in the mountain context
Substantial weight is given to works that address complex problem(s) in an innovative/ingenious manner.
For more information, visit ICIMOD Mountain Prize.