DAAD Postdoctoral Researchers’ Networking Tour 2019 (Funded to Germany)
Deadline: July 29, 2019
Applications are invited for the DAAD Postdoctoral Researchers’ Networking Tour 2019. The Postdoctoral Researchers’ Networking Tour 2019 offers insightful on-site visits to universities, research institutes and companies in the field of Industry 4.0, the German government’s initiative to promote the development of data-driven, AI-powered, and connected “smart factories”.
This year’s Postdoctoral Researchers’ Networking Tour offers a comprehensive and enjoyable opportunity to study important aspects of Industry 4.0, including the close cooperation between academy and industry as well as examples of practical implementation.
Travelling together throughout Germany, the tour’s participants will be offered a close look at the front line of state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 research. At the same time, the tour will inform about interesting research cooperation and employment opportunities. Participating researchers will be able to exchange their ideas with other participants from all over the world, with representatives from German academia and industry, and with DAAD.
- A hands-on, practical, and rich programme to suit the requirements of different participants
- Coverage of all programme-related costs in Germany (accommodation, domestic travel, most meals)
- A lump sum travel allowance (for travel to Germany) if such costs are not covered by a third party. This will also be provided if the stay is extended by up to five working days in order to allow for additional professional networking.
Applicants should have
- Obtained their PhD/doctorate no longer than 5 years ago and have not been living in Germany or affiliated to a German institution within the previous 12 months
- Been researching in a subject area corresponding to the focus of the tour
- Demonstrated high productivity and quality in their scientific work. This should be clearly documented in the list of publications (journal/conference proceedings), patents and other achievements
- A genuine interest in taking the next step in their career in Germany and be able to demonstrate this (e.g. former or current cooperation, specific career demands)
- Exhibited drive and determination, initiative and a willingness to play a role in shaping the future.
For more information, visit DAAD.