Apply to become the Content Manager at the African Exponent
Deadline: Rolling Basis
Applications are invited for the position of Content Manager at the African Exponent. The African Exponent is the premier source of reliable African news with a diverse global audience from over 30 African countries, the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India and China.
They are on a mission to help Africans and the world re-discover the African continent in new light. They publish stories about current events, African history, and culture from an Afrocentric perspective. They have also built out a blogging platform that can be used by anyone, regardless of where they are, to share their voice with the world.
As they continue to grow the platform both in the quality and quantity of the content that they publish, they are looking for a dedicated part time writer who will work closely with the founding team (Harvard and Oxford graduates) to fulfill several key responsibilities.
- Review, edit and publish articles submitted by our team of writers
- Share articles across The African Exponent’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin)
- Respond to requests for advertising and take responsibility for growing that revenue stream
- Recruit more writers and grow the team as need arises
You should apply if you
- Have excellent writing and editorial skills
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and would like experience growing a company
- Are honest and highly accountable
- Have experience working with online news platforms
- Want to challenge the status quo about how Africa is written about
- Own a laptop, have a reliable internet access, and are able to work from home
Interested applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit The African Exponent.