Swiss Africa Business and Innovation Initiative 2019 for African Entrepreneurs (Fully-funded to Switzerland)
Deadline: July 31, 2019
Bring your science based startup to the next level! Maximise the potential of your booming startup with a fast-track Afro-Swiss acceleration program. If you are an entrepreneur with academic background or a startup from a Sub-Saharan African innovation hub in the field of Mobile health, Pharmacometrics, Innovative Financing or Digital Humanities (knowledge transfer) then join the Swiss Africa Business and Innovation Initiative 2019.
The Swiss Africa Business Innovation Initiative (SABII) aims to boost the entrepreneurial know-how and exposure of Sub-Saharan graduate students – entrepreneurs seeking growth opportunities by offering a unique program bringing entrepreneurs to innovation hotspot in Addis Ababa and Switzerland.
Offered free of charge to ambitious young entrepreneurs with academic background, this highly competitive program comprises a 3-days workshop for advanced innovation entrepreneurs, and for the top eight candidates, a 4 days intense business development program in the Swiss startup and business ecosystem.
3-days workshop in Addis Abeba
- Day 1: Learn to deliver a unique customer value and define a striking business plan
- Day 2: Shape a winning team and secure funding for growth
- Day 3: Master a convincing pitch and individual coaching sessions.
Presentation to an African – Swiss jury and selection of eight candidates for a 4-days action packed entrepreneurial development week in Switzerland.
- The program is free of charge. Accommodation expenses on site in Addis Ababa are covered by the program. For the Swiss week, flights, transport and accommodation in Switzerland will also be covered by the program.
- Open to graduate students – entrepreneurs and startups from Sub-Saharan African innovation hubs, with a strong link to academia, developing products or services in the fields of mobile health, pharmacometrics, innovative financing and digital humanities (knowledge transfer).
- Your project or company must be based on research or technology developed at a local university/research institute.
For more information, visit Swiss Africa Business and Innovation Initiative.