Deadline: August 7, 2019
Call for applications are open for the Microtraction Scout Program 2019. The program is an initiative that empowers venture-backed founders and operators to identify and invest in high potential startups across the African continent. A Microtraction Scout is someone who will identify startups in their own local ecosystem, invest and support those companies with Microtraction’s financial & business capital.
Microtraction was founded in 2017 to be the most accessible and preferred source of pre-seed funding for remarkable African technology entrepreneurs building companies and products that solve important challenges being faced on the continent.
The following are benefits of being a Microtraction Scout:
- Network : Direct exposure and access to Microtraction’s high-quality network of investors, founders, advisors, operators, and business partners
- Personal Growth: Great opportunity to build meaningful relationships and learn more about angel investing and its processes in emerging markets
- Personal Brand : Speaking opportunities at events, scout website portal, and publicity through our channels
- Fulfillment : A sense of fulfillment of being part of a company that is focused on improving the economy of the African continent
- Carry : Carried interest on the deals shared and made.
Open to individuals that
- Can be ambassadors of Microtraction in their local ecosystem
- Agree, understands and is willing to support Microtraction’s goal, mission and thesis
- Are people-friendly, supportive, humble and empathetic
- Have a great eye for spotting high-trajectory individuals and high-growth companies
- Are well connected and deeply understands their local community/market
They’re open-minded about your background; however, it would be brilliant if you have had some experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Software Engineering
- Product Design and Branding
- Startup Operations
- Community Building
- Journalism and PR
- Growth Hacking
For more information, visit Microtraction Scout Program.