MWFAAN Beyond School Community Challenge 2019 for Nigerian Secondary School Students (Up to N1 million in Cash Prizes)
Deadline: August 10, 2019
Applications are now open for the 2019 Beyond School Community Challenge (BSCC) for students and teachers. The BSCC is a national community development and entrepreneurship program for secondary school students, which aims to engage young people in Nigeria for the purpose of creating impact within their community and developing critical entrepreneurial skills. This is an initiative of the Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumni Association of Nigeria (MWFAAN), with support from the U.S. Mission in Nigeria.
The BSCC provides a platform for outstanding secondary school students to provide solutions to problems around their environment by creating community development projects. Guided by mentors and their schools, the students identify the challenge and proffer viable entrepreneurial concept to address the challenge. The Challenge identifies top finalists annually from the pool of applications received across Nigeria and they believe that through the program students will be inspired to improve their communities through entrepreneurship.
The 2019 Challenge will identify 10 finalists who will give their final pitch at the Young Leaders Assembly to be held in Abuja.
Ten Finalist Teams will receive invitation to the final competition pitch of the Beyond School Community Challenge that will take place alongside the Young Leaders Assembly 2019 in Abuja Nigeria.
Top Three Winning Teams will receive the following:
Cash grant prize of N1,000,000 will be shared amongst the winners as follows:
- N300,000 for project idea scaling for the winner
- N250,000 for project idea scaling for second place winner
- N150,000 for project idea scaling for third place winner
- N10,000 Education Grant for finalists in the 4th-10th position
- N10,000 cash prize for top winning teacher advisor
- Presentation of certificates to all teams and schools.
- Applications are open to teams and not individuals. A team must be made up of 3 students and 1 student advisor/mentor
- Students should be currently enrolled in a secondary school in Nigeria
- Students must be aged between 13 – 18
- Past National Winners are ineligible for this year’s nomination.
- Student advisor should be above 18 years and should either be a teaching or non-teaching staff in the school were the students are enrolled.
Teacher advisor should click on the button below to apply on behalf of their student team. Application is opened until August 10th, 2019. 11:59pm GMT +1. For more enquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit MWFAAN BSCC.