ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AIRTF) 2019/2020 for ASEAN Young Researchers
Deadline: December 31, 2019
Applications are open for the ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AI-RTF) 2019/2020. In order to support and facilitate mobility among young talented researchers of ASEAN MS, India and ASEAN instituted the AIRTF Scheme for ASEAN young researchers to work at any of the Indian research/academic Institution.
The AIRTF scheme is a fellowship scheme with the following objectives:
- To promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the ASEAN-Member Countries to India and provide them opportunity to work at Indian R&D/ academic institutions to upgrade their research skills and expertise.
- To facilitate exchange of information and contacts between the scientists and researchers of India and ASEAN Countries and create a network for building research collaborations.
As a spin-off, the Fellowship awardees may also have opportunity to get co-supervisors from India for their research projects for Ph.D. or Masters degree on their return to their home countries.
Full financial assistance will be provided to the selected Fellows which will include the following:
- All international travel related expenses i.e round trip international airfare by excursion/ economy class by shortest route from the international airport in the home country of the applicant to the international airport nearest to the host institution in India; visa fees, overseas medical insurance etc.
- A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 50,000 per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous.
- One-time grant of INR 40,000/- for 6 months period for research contingency expenses, airport transfers, domestic travel (by road) for attending scientific /events and field-trips within India, and Institutional overhead charges @ Rs. 2,500/- per month.
- The allowance above will be released to the host institution in India for disbursement to the Fellow. The host Institution will arrange appropriate accommodation for the Fellow on payment basis.
- Applicant must be holding nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State.
- Possess at-least a Masters Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working / studying and / or affiliated to any national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home ASEAN Member country. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/ her institution confirming that if selected, he/ she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/ her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 45 years as on date of submission of application.
- The Applicants who have already availed Research Training Fellowship (RTF) are not eligible to apply again.
- Fluency in English language is required
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship
- Applicants who have availed any fellowship scheme of Govt of India during last 5 years are not eligible to apply.
The Applicant should submit the application online along with the following enclosures:
- C.V. of Applicant
- C.V. of Indian host
- Copy of relevant pages of valid Passport
- A copy of the the endorsement letter from present employer in the prescribed format
- A copy of the consent letter from any Indian scientist/ institution for hosting the applicant, if selected
For more information, visit AI-RTF.