British Council Ghanaian Illustrator in Residence – Drawing Words 2019
Deadline: July 19, 2019
Applications are invited for the British Council Ghanaian Illustrator in Residence – Drawing Words 2019. Seven Stories is supported by the British Council to host a Ghanaian illustrator in residence for 5 days in October 2019.
Seven Stories will host the British Council’s Drawing Words exhibition from July 15, 2019 – January 5, 2020. The exhibition has been curated by UK Children’s Laureate Lauren Child, creator of Charlie and Lola, Clarice Bean and many other favourite picture books.
October is one of Seven Stories busiest periods. You will populate the Drawing Words exhibition with drop-in and planned event activity, bringing your own unique and distinctive approach. In addition to an opportunity to showcase your work to Seven Stories’ audiences, the residency will provide you with skills and network development opportunities.
- Applicants must be an illustrator resident in Ghana aged 18-35 years old
- Have relevant creative practice in illustration for children
- Be keen to share your work with a new audience and learn new skills
- Have experience of working with children, young people and families on participatory projects
- Bring your own ideas for creative activity and workshops, including repeat engagement with children, young people and families over the course of the residency
- Be open to new ideas and opportunities for collaboration and responsive to feedback
- Be able to work both independently, and as part of the wider Seven Stories team
- Be able to work at speed and potentially on a large scale
- Have a good level of written and spoken English
To apply, send a CV and examples of your previous work showing relevant creative practice in children’s illustration and storytelling as well as examples of how you have worked with children, young people and families on participatory projects.
Provide a maximum of 500 words which includes:
- Initial interpretation of Seven Stories theme for October, ‘Bones’, with consideration to the Drawing Words exhibition.
- Proposal for activities as outlined in the application brief.
Applications must be submitted to [email protected] by July 19, 2019
For more information, visit British Council.