Hot Job: Programme Officer Needed at Tom Lantos Institute in Budapest, Hungary
Deadline: July 21, 2019
The Tom Lantos Institute is looking for qualified applicants for the position of Programme Officer for TLI’s Human Rights and Identity Programme. The position is full time (40 hours/week) and it is based in Budapest.
The Tom Lantos Institute (TLI) is an independent human and minority rights organisation with a particular focus on Jewish and Roma communities, Hungarian minorities, and other ethnic or national, linguistic and religious minorities. It is a Budapest-based organisation with a multi-party board, an international Executive Committee and Advisory Board. It operates internationally in terms of staff, partners, scope, and funds. As a research and education platform, TLI aims to bridge the gaps between research and policy, norms and practice.
- Administration (80%)
- Project administration, supporting the work of the Human Rights and Identity Programme;
- Administrative support for the Director and Head of Programmes;
- Event organization including catering, accommodation, travel;
- Communication (20%)
- Managing the TLI website, social media, newsletter and communications materials (in Hungarian and English);
- Applicant should have at least a graduate degree in management, public administration, international relations, social science or any other related field;
- Hungarian to the level of native speaker, fluent in spoken and written English;
- Advanced computer skills (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, WordPress, database, etc);
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure;
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team;
- Interest and experience in the field of event management, human rights, minority rights, international relations is desirable.
- The Tom Lantos Institute is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender balance. We particularly encourage candidates from minorities to apply.
Qualified candidates should send the following application materials:
- Detailed CV in English;
- Letter of interest (in English, maximum 500 words);
- Contact details for two referees (previous supervisors, employers, university lecturers).
Application materials should be sent to email@example.com
For more information, visit Tom Lantos Institute.