Apply to Alitheia IDF’s Nzinga Scale-Up Bootcamp 2019 for African Businesses seeking up to $3M in funding
Deadline: Augist 4, 2019
Alitheia IDF is now accepting applications for the Nzinga Scale-Up Bootcamp for businesses seeking up to $3M in funding. The Nzinga Scale-Up Bootcamp is an opportunity for growth-ready SMEs to be equipped with the technical capacity and funding needed to scale and expand their businesses.
Sponsored by Alitheia IDF, a pioneering private equity fund that identifies, invests in and grows SMEs led by gender-diverse teams to achieve superior financial returns and social impact, the Nzinga Scale-Up Bootcamp is now open for applications. Eligible applicants must run growth-stage businesses that have significant economic participation of women as entrepreneurs, processors, distributors or consumers of an essential good or service.
The Bootcamp is a six-week series of online and in-person collaborative workshops that will address critical success factors including financial structuring, corporate governance, leadership and management, route-to-market and growth strategy, and fundraising that position businesses to better attract and readily utilize institutional equity investment needed for expansion.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to join the Nzinga Scale-Up Bootcamp
- Candidates who successfully complete the Bootcamp may receive up to $3M in fund investment.
- To be eligible for the Nzinga Scale-Up Bootcamp, companies must be operating in Ghana, Lesotho, Nigeria, South Africa, Zambia or Zimbabwe
- Companies must have significant participation of women as entrepreneurs, managers, producers, distributors or consumers.
- The Bootcamp is open to applications from all sectors, but is particularly interested in agribusiness, consumer goods, health, education, and financial services.
- Additionally, interested companies must have a sound performance track record of at least two years and must be generating consistent and growing revenue
Submitting the application is the first step in the application process, after which the screened applicants will be invited for an interview. Following the interviews, qualified applicants will be invited to join the Nzinga Scale-Up Bootcamp, and candidates who successfully complete the Bootcamp may receive up to $3M in fund investment.
For more information, visit Nzinga Scale Fund.