World Bank Group’s FIG Investment Analyst Job for Africa/MENA 2020
Deadline: August 14, 2019
Applications are open for the World Bank Group’s FIG Investment Analyst Job for Africa/MENA 2020. The Financial Institution Group (FIG) is recruiting Investment Analysts to join the Investment and Portfolio Team, which originates, manages and monitors IFC’s financial sector investments in Africa and the Middle-East.
These position can be based in one of the following offices Nairobi, Kenya, Johannesburg, South Africa, Lagos, Nigeria, Amman, Jordan, Cairo, Egypt, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Dakar, Senegal, Accra, Ghana
IFC recruits investment analysts globally on two-year term contracts extendable to a maximum of four years. Upon completion of their contracts, investment analysts typically leave to pursue a graduate degree or additional work experience.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Ability to conduct market and industry research and analysis.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenario analysis, and diligence in the quality of one’s own work.
- Fully understands the financial aspects of investment or advisory transactions, including how to conduct market analysis and determine financial soundness of company or project opportunity.
- Demonstrated skill in financial statement analysis, accounting, finance, financial modeling, DCF, and comparable company analysis to support informed decision making.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize debt pricing benchmarks and equity trading comparables.
- Basic understanding of how specific investments or advisory transactions in different industries and sectors impact economic, market, and social development, and how to use mapping methodology to assess market conditions, gaps, and business opportunities.
- Identify data collection needs to support the assessment of financial, operational, development impact, and market information as well as relevant ES&G matters. Coordinate with the client to obtain needed information.
- Demonstrates active listening skills by being attentive and listening to others in order to identify client and stakeholder needs.
- Able to distill and summarize large amounts of information from various sources to prepare business documents and presentations.
- Able to write in a logical and comprehensive, yet concise manner.
- Able to utilize graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present data.
- Extract lessons of IFC’s earlier investments or advisory mandates and other evaluative work as relevant to provide input to the structuring of straightforward transactions
- Applicant should be in possession of a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree;
- Up to 3 years work experience in a financial institution, particularly in investment projects;
- Ability to develop complex financial models;
- Keen interest in development finance and multicultural environments;
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standard, ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
- Strong knowledge of financial markets;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in additional languages is preferred.
For more information, visit World Bank Group.