Nuffic Scholarships for Short Courses at The Hague Academy 2020
Deadline: October 8, 2019
Applications are open for Nuffic scholarships for short courses at The Hague Academy. Nuffic is a Dutch non-profit organisation which offers scholarships for training courses in The Netherlands. These scholarships seek to develop and strengthen the skills and abilities of professionals, in order to enable their organisations and communities to succeed in an ever-changing world. The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs funds the Nuffic Scholarship programme.
The Nuffic Scholarships for short courses at The Hague Academy (OKP, MSP and StuNed) cover the tuition fee, return flights (from an international airport to Amsterdam), insurance, and accommodation, in addition to a small Daily Subsistence Allowance.
- Migration and Local Authorities (24 February – 6 March 2020)
- Inclusive Service Delivery and the SDGs (9 -20 March 2020)
- Citizen Participation and Inclusive Governance (23 March – 3 April 2020)
- Climate Adaptation and Local Resilience (1 – 12 June 2020)
- Integrity and Anti-Corruption (15 – 26 June 2020)
- OKP Scholarships: The Orange Knowledge Programme is a Dutch global development programme. The programme was kicked off mid-2017 for 5 years and involves 53 countries. The objective of the Orange Knowledge Programme is to contribute to society’s sustainable and inclusive development by strengthening the skills and knowledge of both individuals, groups of individuals and organisations. The key priorities for the programme are Food and nutrition security, Water, energy and climate, Sexual and reproductive health and rights, and Security and the rule of law. Cross-cutting themes relevant to all activities of the programme include Private Sector Development, Climate, and Gender and Inclusive Development (with specific attention to marginalised and discriminated groups).
- MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP). The MSP aims to contribute to the democratic transition in one of the 10 participating countries in the Middle East and North Africa region. It also seeks to build capacity within organisations by enabling employees (45 years and younger) to participate in short courses in various fields of study.
- OKP scholarships are open to mid-career professionals who are a nationals of -and living and working in one of the 57 countries listed below:
- Afghanistan ▪ Mozambique ▪ Albania ▪ Myanmar ▪ Armenia ▪ Nepal ▪ Bangladesh ▪ Nicaragua ▪ Benin ▪ Niger ▪ Bhutan ▪ Nigeria ▪ Bolivia ▪ Pakistan ▪ Burkina Faso ▪ Palestinian Territories ▪ Burundi ▪ Peru ▪ Cambodia ▪ Philippines ▪ Colombia ▪ Rwanda ▪ Congo (DRC) ▪ Senegal ▪ Cuba ▪ Sierra Leone ▪ Egypt ▪ Somalia ▪ Ethiopia ▪ South Africa ▪ Georgia ▪ South Sudan ▪ Ghana ▪ Sri Lanka ▪ Guatemala ▪ Sudan ▪ Guinea ▪ Surinam ▪ India ▪ Tanzania ▪ Indonesia ▪ ▪ Thailand ▪ Jordan ▪▪ Uganda ▪ Kenya ▪ Vietnam ▪ Lebanon ▪ Yemen ▪ Liberia ▪ Zambia ▪ Mali ▪ Zimbabwe ▪ Macedonia
- MSP scholarships are open to professionals who are nationals of – and living and working in – one of the countries listed below in the Middle East and North Africa region:
- Algeria • Egypt • Iran • Iraq • Jordan • Lebanon • Libya • Morocco • Syria • Tunisia.
- Applicants from Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon are eligible for both OKP and MSP Scholarships.
- If you are 45 years or younger then they recommend you apply for the MSP Scholarship.
Ensure that both your motivation and employer statement are clearly aligned to the Embassy Country Focus. Applications that show no relevance will NOT be eligible.
Motivation: The answers to the 3 motivation questions should clearly indicate the link between your organisation and position on the one hand, and (elements of) the Country Focus on the other hand. Be specific and base your answers on factual information. Refrain from copying information from our website. Read the Quality Guidelines to determine which information should be included in your motivation.
Document requirements: Prepare all your required documents in advance. Documents must be in PDF format and must not exceed 2 MB.
For more information, visit Nuffic Scholarships.