Deadline: September 1, 2019
Applications are open for the Ford Motor Company’s Conservation and Environmental Grants Programme 2019. The programme was created to empower individuals and non-profit groups donating their time and effort to preserve the environmental well-being of their communities. By providing necessary funding and visibility, they hope to encourage the multiplication of similar grassroots efforts that will serve as catalysts for change across the globe.
The Ford Grants support ongoing and non-profit projects focused on Conservation Engineering, Protection of the Natural Environment and Environmental Education. The theme for this year’s World Environment Day, which coincides with the launch of the 2019 Conservation and Environmental Grants programme, is “Beating Air Pollution”.
Projects in the past year alone have helped tackle the issue of turtle by-catch in Tunisia, supported Morocco-based project “Go Energyless” in producing and supplying low-cost coolers made of clay and other natural materials to local communities, and helped students change community perceptions of conservation through the Royal Society for the Conservation of Nature in Jordan’s Nature Ranger programme.
Categories under which an applicant can apply are as follows:
- Protection of the Natural Environment: Projects to conserve flora, fauna and/or their respective habitats.
- Conservation Engineering: Projects to reduce the rate of consumption of natural resources and/or pollution.
- Environmental Education: Projects aimed at creating or increasing environmental awareness.
- Best in Research: projects that show use of research in finding solutions to the environmental issue and implementing them
- Best in Community Engagement: projects that demonstrate involving/engaging the community to help in the environmental undertaking
- Special category grants for World Environment Day 2019: projects that best display the theme of “Beating Air Pollution”
- For 2019, a total of US$50,000 is available. The maximum cap for the requested grant amount is set at $12,000. Large scale projects that require bigger funding may not be considered.
- Entries are accepted from ongoing and not-for-profit projects from the following countries only: Algeria, Kingdom of Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Sultanate of Oman, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, and Yemen;
- Projects that are still in the planning or proposal stages cannot be considered.
For more information, visit Ford Motor Company Grants.