Aspen Institute’s New Voices Fellowship 2020 for Development Professionals (Fully-funded)
Deadline: October 15, 2019
Applications are invited for the Aspen Institute’s New Voices Fellowship 2020. The Fellowship is a year-long media skills, communication and leadership program designed for standout development professionals from the developing world.
The Fellowship is recruiting a total of 25 Fellows for 2020. They are looking for 15 Fellows who are development experts in fields such as food security, global health, development economics, health and human rights, mental health, and climate change. They are also looking for 10 Fellows who are experts working on the frontlines of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
While the fellowship is non-resident and not full-time, it does require a significant and sustained time commitment as fellows write opinion articles, participate in interviews with local and international media, and speak at international conferences.
- All expenses related to the fellowship are paid, including certain media-related travel costs.
- Open to candidates from any developing country;
- Candidates for the Fellowship are expected to have both a record of significant professional achievement and a desire to share their perspectives on global development with a broader international audience;
- The Fellowship is open by nomination only;
- There is no age limit for applicants.
- Ask someone to nominate you. This person could be a mentor, supervisor or professor. They ask that this person know you and your work well.
- They will review your nomination. If you pass through the first round, they’ll be in touch with you directly, asking you to submit an application. This application involves two essays and a series of questions.
- Once the New Voices team has reviewed applications, they will ask a small group of finalists to participate in an interview via Skype or phone. From this group, they will choose the final class of Fellows.
For more information, visit Aspen Institute’s New Voices Fellowship.