YouthConnekt Africa Awards 2019 (Win $5000 and invitation to YCA Summit in Kigali, Rwanda)
Deadline: August 25, 2019
Nominations are open for the YouthConnekt Africa Awards 2019. The YouthConnekt Africa Awards honour outstanding achievements by young African innovators (ages 16-35).
The YouthConnekt Africa Summit is an annual convening that connects youth from across the continent. The 2019 YouthConnekt Africa Summit will provide a platform for all partners involved in youth development to synergize around policies, programs and partnerships that will connect youth for continental transformation. The third edition of the YouthConnekt Africa (YCA) Summit is set to be held from 9-11 October in Kigali, Rwanda. This year, the summit targets to gather 10,000 youth and high-level delegates to engage, discuss, design, and accelerate youth empowerment efforts at the continent level under the theme of ‘“Boosting an Industrious Young Africa”.
Outstanding African innovators will be awarded as follows:
- Pioneers of Prosperity Award
- Social Innovation Award
- Digital Inclusion Award
- Girls in Innovations Award
The YCA Awards
- 12 Finalists will be invited to the YCA Summit to attend two days bootcamp and present their projects. Four winners will be awarded in a ceremony on 11 October 2019.
- One winner will be selected from each award categories: economic development, social development, innovative female contribution, and digital inclusion.
- The Prize Winners will receive $5000 to help grow their business.
- Open to African innovators between the age of 16 and 35
- Nominee must be a citizen of an African Union state
- Nominee’s project clearly addresses one of the Awards’ four focus areas
- Nominee must available to attend the YouthConnekt Africa Summit 2019 to participate in the boot camp sessions and Award Ceremony
Apply to be part of outstanding young African innovators community.
For more information, visit YouthConnekt Africa.