Kectil Leadership Program 2020 for Young Leaders in Developing Countries
Deadline: October 31, 2019
Applications are invited for the Kectil Web-based One Year Developing Country Leadership Program 2020. The goal of the Kectil (Knowles Educational and Charitable Trust for International Leadership) program is to nurture, network, and mentor youth in developing countries who have the potential to be leaders and make a positive difference in their communities, countries and maybe even the world.
The Kectil Web-based Program consists of 12 Modules:
- Introduction and Mission
- Lessons on Leadership from Martin Luther King and other transformational change makers
- Enabling Women to Succeed in Society
- Population Growth and its Effect on Youth & Youth Unemployment and Poverty Employment
- Colonialism and Occupation
- Innovation to Advance Society
- Entrepreneurship and Corporate Product Development
- Environmental Sustainability
- Personal and Group Management
- Good Government
- Local Projects to Improve Communities
- Wrap-up and What’s Next?
The modules consist of thought-provoking assignments, case studies and web-sessions.
- Selected participants engage in monthly Kectil Talks with Leaders in Science, Business, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Public Service.
- Open to youth between 17-26 in least developed and developing countries;
- Applicants should have demonstrated a talent and passion for leadership, scholarship or innovation;
- Are proficient in English and have access to a computer and the internet.
Answer every question on the application form. Answer the short answer questions with 100 words or less per question. Think carefully about your answers, avoid one word or one sentence responses. Be thoughtful and creative so that your inner self shines through. Remember to check for spelling, grammar and punctuation. Do NOT plagiarize any of your answers.
For more information, visit Kectil Program.