Loewe Foundation Craft Prize 2019 for Professional Artisans (€50,000 Euros cash prize)
Deadline: October 30, 2019
The Loewe Foundation launches the fourth edition of the Loewe Foundation Craft Prize, an international award celebrating excellence in craftsmanship. The Loewe Foundation seeks to recognize uniquely talented artisans whose artistic vision and will to innovate set new standards for the future of craft.
The LOEWE Craft Prize seeks to acknowledge and support international artisans of any age (over 18) or gender who demonstrate an exceptional ability to create objects of superior aesthetic value. By identifying work that reinterprets existing knowledge to make it relevant today while reflecting its maker’s personal language and distinct hand, the Loewe Foundation aims to highlight the continuing contribution of craft to the culture of our time.
- The prize awarded to the winner is €50,000 Euros in cash
- The shortlisted and winning works will feature in the exhibition and accompanying catalogue in Paris in Spring 2020
- All participants must be professional artisans 18 years or older
- Entries may be made by an individual or collective (as a ‘group submission’)
- All nationalities are welcome
All entries should
- Fall within an area of applied arts, such as ceramics, bookbinding, enamelwork, jewellery, lacquer, metal, furniture, leather, textiles, glass, paper, wood, etc.
- Be an original work, handmade or partly handmade
- Have been created in the last five years
- Be one-of a-kind
- Have won no prizes previously
- Demonstrate artistic intent
Make sure the work:
- Demonstrates artistic intent in addition to technical proficiency
- Is an original piece, handmade or partly handmade
- Is recently created (in the last five years), and one-of-a-kind, and has not won any prizes previously
- Is innovative, in the sense that it updates tradition
- Falls within an area of the applied arts, such as ceramics, bookbinding, enamelwork, jewellery, lacquer, metal, furniture, leather, textiles, glass, paper, wood, etc.