Call for Nominations: Asia New Zealand Foundation Te Whītau Tūhono “25 Young People to Watch” Awards
Deadline: August 26, 2019
The Asia New Zealand Foundation Te Whītau Tūhono is celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year. To mark this special milestone, they are looking for the top 25 young people who are contributing to New Zealand-Asia relations.
25 to Watch is their way of recognising and celebrating impressive young people (aged 16-25) who not only appreciate that New Zealand’s present and future – economically, culturally and socially – are firmly tied to Asia, but who have also taken action to contribute to greater understanding and stronger relations.
The Foundation is committed to developing the next generation of leaders and the 25 to Watch will receive leadership development guidance, including a dedicated mentor, as well as being formally recognised at a special ceremony in October.
- Business and entrepreneurship: Young people who either through their study, work, entrepreneurism or other projects are contributing to building New Zealand’s business relations with Asia and/or greater awareness of the business opportunities and challenges Asia provides.
- Education, science and research: Young people who are contributing to a greater understanding of Asia and/or New Zealand-Asia relations in the fields of education, science and innovation, or research.
- Community and not-for-profit: Young people who are contributing to a greater understanding of Asia and/or New Zealand-Asia relations through their work at the community level or through the not-for-profit sector.
- Media, arts, culture and sports: Young people using media, arts, culture or sports to strengthen understanding of Asia and New Zealand-Asia relations. This could include work in these sectors.
- Public sector: Young people engaged with the public sector (at either local or national level) through study, work or other projects who are contributing to a greater understanding of Asia and/or New Zealand-Asia relations.
- Applicants should be aged 16-25 as at 30 June 2019
- Applicants are high achievers who are already demonstrating maturity beyond their years and an ability to inspire and engage others. They may already be role models for their peers or have the potential to become role models
- They are already making useful contributions to stronger New Zealand-Asia relations and have the potential to make even greater contributions in the future
- They are people to watch
Judges will look at impact and influence. This will be considered on the basis of:
- A nominee’s overall CV including academic, personal, professional and/or community achievements
- The quality and impact of projects and initiatives highlighted
- Potential influence and commitment to furthering New Zealand-Asia relations in the future.
For more information, visit 25 Young People to Watch.