Call for Expressions of Interest: YPARD Communications and Engagement Expert Position in Rome, Italy
Deadline: August 29, 2019
Call for Expressions of Interests for the YPARD Communications and Engagement Expert Position is now open. YPARD is seeking a dynamic, flexible, independent and innovative communications and engagement expert. The mission of Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD) is to enable and empower young agricultural leaders to shape sustainable food systems.
It facilitates the exchange of information and knowledge among young professionals across disciplines, professions, age and regions; broadens opportunities for young professionals (YPs) to contribute to strategic agricultural policy debates at global, regional, national and local level; promotes agriculture among young people and facilitates access to resources and capacity building opportunities. YPARD is hosted by the Global Forum for Agricultural Research and Innovation (GFAR) which is hosted by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
The communications and engagement expert is responsible for the overall communications and membership engagement of the network and should work in close collaboration/consultation with the Office for Corporate Communication. While the network is large, the staff team is small and thus the officer must be creative and flexible when faced with challenges and opportunities. They are seeking someone who can be proactive while at the same time responding and adapting to the different needs and priorities of a diverse network.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Website Management
- Maintain the strategy for a world-class interactive and dynamic website, fundraise for and implement the Website Revamp plan
- Develop innovative, web based events for YPARD members using a range of multimedia;
- Provide opportunities for and support members and representatives to implement regional and national online events;
- Create linkages with other organisations for more dynamic and greater reach of online content.
- Communications Management
- Maintain the YPARD Communications strategy, standards and ensure adherence within the global community;
- Manage the monthly e-newsletter, obtaining stories and information from regional representatives and members;
- Provide support for regional reporting and communications;
- Provide support to the four YPARD regional coordinators in managing their regional websites, communications and knowledge plans
- Develop concept notes in support of communications activities tailored to specific donors
- Develop concept notes for funding wider communications initiatives and seek additional funding where possible
- Guidance and support on content development and official documentation
- Guide consultants for web based, graphic design services and web and communications support
- Network Engagement
- Coordinate the YPARD Global Group, updating the contents and delegating responsibilities for discussions;
- Increase the number of active members in the network and visibility of the network
- Support the development of YPARD as a hub for youth and agriculture organisations through linkages and collaborations with other organisations
- Implement the Local Media Outreach capacity development webinar series
- Support to the director on the strategic development of the organization
- Identify potential individuals from the network for attendance at events and high profile positions, representing the network
- Attend meetings or events on behalf of the YPARD director where s/he is unable to attend
- Provide support in organising workshops and meetings
- Provide support in organising the submission and clearance of Letters of Agreement
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Oversee the development of monitoring and evaluation for web and communications and work in collaboration with the director on the global strategy
- Collect and report on indicators for reporting requirements to donors
- Applicants should have a university degree in agriculture, agribusiness, communications, international development or related field;
- Have 3 years of relevant experience in agriculture or development related organizations;
- Working knowledge of English (proven ability to write articles and reports);
- Experience in engaging online communities, events management and social (media) reporting and marketing;
- Understanding of International Agricultural Research and Development issues;
- Capable to work independently and able to deliver with respect to multiple deadlines
- Knowledge and passion around issues of youth, gender and food systems;
- Experience working with youth networks and mobilizing volunteers.
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
For more information, visit Jobs at FAO.