Rise Labs 2019 Artificial Intelligence Ideathon across Nigeria (Amazing prizes to be won)
Deadline: September 20, 2019
Are you interested in using AI & ML and their Techniques to solve Nigeria’s education, agriculture, healthcare and financial inclusion problems? Apply now for the Rise Labs 2019 Artificial Intelligence Ideathon across Nigeria.
Artificial Intelligence is expected to transform various industries just as Electricity did over 10 Decades ago and global consulting firm, McKinsey has stated that non-internet sectors like Agriculture, Education, Energy, Logistics & Manufacturing will see a $13 Trillion GDP growth driven by AIby 2030.
For this reason, The Rise Labs by Rise Networks, Nigeria’s first AI powered Learning, Research and Work Readiness Centre based in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital in partnership with Business Day and other Key Private Sector Stakeholders has launched the Nation’s first Artificial Intelligence Ideathon by calling for revolutionary ideas that have the potential of solving Nigeria’s Education, Agriculture, Healthcare and financial inclusion problems using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning models and methodologies.
Winners of the Ideathon will get the rare opportunity of a veritable springboard to showcase and share their AI and ML models and applications to a broad community of stakeholders especially Policy Makers, Technology Experts and Organizations, Leaders in the Private Sector and Venture Capitalists to facilitate the scaling and execution of their ideas.
- 1st Prize: Apple MacBook Air 13-inch (2018) + $1,000
- 2nd Prize: Apple MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018)
- 3rd Prize: Microsoft Surface Book 2 (13.5-inch)
The top three winners will also have the opportunity for
- Your Idea will be published inside the RISE Labs’ National AI Innovation ebook
- Mentorship Support by some the best AI Innovators & Experts within Nigeria & around the World
- National Public Recognition & Opportunity to Network at WORKPLAN: Africa’s Action Plan on Education, Skills and the Future of Work for the Youth.
- Free 3-6months Workspace, Incubation and Technical support at The Rise Labs
- Open to students, data scientists, working professionals, developers and academics across Nigeria;
- You must be 18 years of age or older. Minors must have consent of a parent or legal guardian;
- Applicants should be passionate about becoming the early pioneers of groundbreaking innovative solutions to the challenges identified above by applying their knowledge and ideas in the realm of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Solutions while encouraging research and collaboration to drive industry-focused AI innovation and the uptake of AI-driven results across sectors.
- Potential to enhance Education in Africa
- Impact and scalability of idea or innovation
- Novelty and Uniqueness of idea
- Use and application of AI and ML technology in the Solution
To submit an entry, complete the registration form and submit your idea for using Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning (“AI” and/or “ML”) to transform education, agriculture, healthcare and financial inclusion in Nigeria.
Your submission may include supporting materials such as diagrams, videos or references to additional research so long as it meets the Eligible Entry requirements. All required information must be provided for your submission to be eligible.
For more information, visit Rise Labs.