FRQNT International Internship 2019/2020 for Master’s or Doctoral students (Up to $15,000 CAD)
Deadline: March 1, 2020
Applications are open for the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et Technologies (FRQNT) International Internship 2019/2020. The FRQNT’s International Internship aims to foster international mobility of students whose research activities are part of the scientific program of a strategic cluster funded by the FRQNT.
The internship is a supplementary tool available to a strategic cluster to strengthen its position at the international level through research projects and partnerships that have already been established or which are under development.
- The scholarship is an allowance of $ 2,500 CAD per month. The maximum value of a scholarship or both of the scholarships is $15,000 CAD.
- Open to Master’s or doctoral students enrolled full-time in a Quebec university or in an university outside Québec who meets the requirements of their program
- For full-time students enrolled in a Québec university: The applicant must have Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status in Canada, or foreign student status with a valid study permit to study in Quebec
- For foreign students enrolled in an university outside Québec: The applicant must have valid study permits or visas for the entire duration of the internship;
- The applicant can’t be enrolled in a co-degree from more than one institution including a Québec university. For the students enrolled in a co-degree see the rules of the Frontenac program
- The internship must take place outside Quebec for students enrolled in a Quebec university. The internship must occur in Quebec for students from abroad
- The internship must be of a minimum duration of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months. The internship must start no later than September 30, 2020
- Students who are jointly supervised by a researcher in a foreign university (co-degree) are not eligible to apply for an international internship scholarship to visit one of their home universities
Applications are evaluated by the strategic clusters according to the following criteria:
- The academic excellence and research aptitude of the candidate
- The correspondence of the internship with the scientific program of the cluster’s
- The insertion of the internship in international action of the strategic cluster
- Candidates interested within this program must file their application within their strategic cluster. Validate the list of documents required for this application with the specific strategic cluster.
- The strategic clusters which recommend a candidate must fill the specific form available on FRQNT’s Web site as well as transmit it electronically. The form includes the complete addresses of the student, the academic supervisor, and the internship supervisor. A brief description of the nature of the internship is also required.
- The strategic clusters must also submit the selection committee report that states the results for each of the three criteria in effect, the assessment process and the names of the committee members. This report should briefly explain the efforts taken to ensure a fair and inclusive selection process, thus fostering the support of diversified interns.The strategic clusters must also send in the electronic form, a letter signed by the supervisor of the student specifying the start and end dates of the internship.
- Any internship application must be filed by the strategic cluster and approved by the FRQNT before the leaving of the trainee.
For more information, visit FRQNT Internship.